- Lack of quality candidates applying?
- Dropping Glassdoor scores?
- Falling offer acceptance rates?
- Strange candidate survey results?
More tools aren’t the answer.
A clearer, focused and better integrated employer brand will solve all those issues and help you attract and hire better talent to grow your business.
I can help with:
Employer Brand and EVP Development
- Reveal your culture and brand promise.
- Develop brand architecture in collaboration with Marketing and Comms teams.
- Identify obstacles to adoption.
- Create tag-lines and tactics to communicate the new message to candidates and employees.
- If you candidates are seeing your Glassdoor ratings, I can help raise them to keep them interested.
- Respond to negative reviews to clarify your brand position.
- Develop a content strategy that keeps candidates validating their interest interested.
Job Descriptions and Postings
- Create a framework that supports better job postings across the entire organization.
- Build modular and reusable content that supports your brand promise.
- Develop postings that encourage women and under-represented groups to apply.
- Develop a toolset-agnostic process to tap into your internal audiences to create more higher-quality candidates.
- Adjust existing practices to maximize adoption and use.
- Build internal comms pieces to create program awareness.
Social Media and Inbound Content Marketing
- Craft a slate of EVP-focused talking points and launch across multiple platforms.
- Platform-independent content creation process development.
- Editorial calendar strategy and execution.
- Employee-generated content creation.
- Creating creative briefs that any video team can execute.
- Internal employee-generated video process creation.
- Job posting video strategy and launch.
- Executive buy-in and investment in your employer brand.
- Internal comms tactic development.
If you’re ready to take control of your hiring, to evolve and revolutionize how you build the talent within your own business, no one can give you a magic blueprint or set of instructions. But a series of good (sometimes tough) questions can help you see new opportunities to make magic happen.
Think of it like therapy for your hiring and recruiting teams.
James is one of the most impactful, passionate, intelligent, driven, thought leaders I have ever had the pleasure of working with. You don’t come across too many leaders in recruiting and employment branding that know this space as much as he does. He challenges status quo in everything he does. His goal is to innovate, to be bold and to evolve as the market and industry does. The value he has added is immeasurable.
-Donna H., Director of Recruiting
Meet James Ellis
Inventing Employer Brand’s Future
Employer Brand Manifesto
October 2018. A vision of how employer brand is the catalyst for businesses to change their recruiting and hiring.
The Talent Funnel
February 2018. A modern reinvention of the recruiting funnel, this expends the playing field to allow companies to see more resources available to them to hire better
Recruiting Content Framework
Merging the audience and intention of recruitment marketing with the techniques and thinking of content marketing to help anyone answer the question: what content should I build?
Recent work and clients
Employer brand consulting and deliverables for Groupon, SavATree, Aprilaire, Amazon, Tradeshift, Enova, Liberty Mutual, Citizens Bank, GreatClips, Target, Mount Carmel Health System, Veterans Administration Hospitals, RGP, Fresenius Medical Care and others.
I’ve delivered webinars for RecruitingDaily, CareerArc, Social Recruiting Show, BLR, The Muse, MNTRN, Dice, and Tint, as well as speeches at ERE, SHRM, RecruitCon, ECIA, Future Workforce, Hardi/Nova, SRSC, and RecFest. [Employer brand speaking details here]
Current episodes of my podcast, The Talent Cast
- EP 115 – The Trouble with Tools March 25, 2019
- EP 114 – Different Is the Difference March 18, 2019
- EP 113 – Are They Buying What You’re Selling? March 11, 2019
- EP 112 – Recruiting’s 99% Problem March 4, 2019
- EP 111 – The Differentiated Employer Brand February 25, 2019
- EP 110 – The Recruiting Never Stops February 18, 2019
- EP 109 – Choice and Confidence February 11, 2019
- EP 108 – Marie Kondo for Your Employer Brand February 4, 2019